off because it was such an easy mist

lebaobei123
Rank 16
Rank 16

off because it was such an easy mist

Mesajde lebaobei123 » acum 2 luni

PITTSBURGH -- When Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma shuffled the lines in search of a spark for his slumping offence, putting Evgeni Malkin and rookie Brian Gibbons on the ice together wasnt what he had in mind. Still, hell take it. Gibbons converted a slick backhand pass from Malkin for his first NHL goal at 3:56 of the third period, starting a late burst as the Penguins beat the weary Anaheim Ducks 3-1 on Monday night. Called up from the minors 12 hours before the opening faceoff, the 25-year-old Gibbons was thrown immediately onto Pittsburghs third line. He ended up on the ice with Malkin after the Penguins were caught in the middle of a shift change. While watching Malkin do a full lap through the Anaheim zone, Gibbons sprinted to the slot, took the pass and sent a shot over Viktor Fasths right shoulder to break a scoreless tie. "I was just trying to get to the net and bang home a rebound or something," Gibbons said. "Somehow it ended up right on my stick." Gibbons earned his first NHL assist 62 seconds later when Brandon Sutter deflected Olli Maattas shot from the point past Fasth. Anaheims Ryan Getzlaf quickly pulled the Ducks within one, but Sidney Crosbys 10th goal of the season capped a flurry in which the Penguins scored three times in just over four minutes. The outburst was a welcome development for a team that for all its considerable offensive talent has struggled to score recently. The Penguins came in riding a 1-4 slump, scoring just one goal in each of the four losses. "It was actaully a good game for us," Bylsma said. "We wanted to be in that tight game and stayed the course and came through with a couple of big goals." Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 26 shots for Pittsburgh as the Penguins leapfrogged Washington to move back into first in the Metropolitan Division. The teams will meet in the nations capital on Wednesday. Getzlafs fifth goal in four games provided all of the offence for the Pacific Divison-leading Ducks, who earned just one point during a four-game East Coast road trip. Fasth made 24 saves but struggled in the final 20 minutes. "Im not seeing any secondary scoring from anybody," Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau said. "When you dont have four lines contributing scoring its tough to win. I dont care how good the guys are, its tough to win." Anaheim totalled just six goals in four games during a swing through Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Pittsburgh. "Weve been getting chances and stuff and weve been working hard, but like I said weve had sickness and injury throughout our team and we havent dealt with it well this trip," Getzlaf said. The Penguins have their own issues, particularly an offence that has looked spotty at best over the last three weeks. Bylsma decided to experiment. He moved Pascal Dupuis from the top line with Crosby to the second line with Malkin, replacing Dupuis with Beau Bennett. Jussi Jokinen, second on the team in goals, was bumped down to the third line to give Sutter a little help. The initial results were underwhelming. Then again, Anaheim had a little something to do with it. The Ducks, in the midst of their first rough patch following a brilliant start, dominated the first period. They clogged passing lanes, gave Pittsburghs talented forwards little room to freelance, and controlled play for long stretches. Pittsburgh didnt record a shot on Fasth until 2:02 left in the first period, when Bennett managed to redirect a pass from Crosby into Fasths chest. "Theyre a big team," Crosby said. "They got a long reach and they clog up the neutral zone pretty well." The arena roared in mock celebration, though for all of the Penguins offensive issues, the game remained scoreless thanks to Fleury. Starting for the 19th time in Pittsburghs 22 games, Fleury turned aside several early scoring chances, including a pair of opportunities by Getzlaf. The Penguins grew so frustrated at one point that Bylsma paired Malkin with Crosby and Chris Kunitz for a couple of shifts, looking to get something started It produced better flow but nothing that found its way by Fasth. Pittsburghs best chance came when Malkin skated behind the Anaheim net and deftly dropped the puck to a sprinting Kunitz, whose backhand shot banged off Fasth -- who wasnt looking because he thought Malkin still had the puck -- and then hit the crossbar before rolling out of danger. NOTES: Anaheim F Matt Beleskey returned to the lineup after missing 19 games with an upper body injury. ... The game was the 600th of Jokinens NHL career. ... The Ducks head home to face New Jersey on Wednesday. Anaheim is 8-0 at home. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. . Ive said it before, Ive worked with top pros and I could have made my own program. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. . -- Patrick Kueng of Switzerland was nearly flawless as he captured his first World Cup and halted Aksel Lund Svindals streak of four straight super-G victories on Saturday. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link.. Masahiro Tanaka has touched down in the United States and the courting of the Rakuten Golden Eagles stud pitcher has begun in earnest by a bevy of MLB teams interested in the Japanese ace. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. . The Bulls seem to be getting along fine without him. D.J. Augustin scored 27 points in a start for Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson matched a career high with 26 filling in for Carlos Boozer as the Bulls improved to 7-2 since trading the popular Deng with a 98-87 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. CROMWELL, Conn. -- Scott Langley is being careful not to get too far ahead of himself in the Travelers Championship. Thats the mistake he said he made three weeks ago at the Memorial Tournament when he shot a 79 in the final round to drop into a tie for 28th. Winless in two seasons on the PGA Tour, the 25-year-old Langley took the second-round lead in the Travelers on Friday, following his opening 64 with a 65 to reach 11 under 129. He had eight birdies, a double bogey and a bogey in the second round at TPC River Highlands. "Ive been in contention. I played in the final group on Sunday at Memorial," Langley said. "This weekend, Im not going to think about possibilities. Im not going to think about what it means to win. Im not going to think about any of that stuff. Im just going to keep my head down and play my game." Michael Putnam, Harris English and K.J. Choi were a stroke back. Putnam shot 63, matching the best round of the day. English had a 64, and Choi shot 65. Langley was 11 under after 10 holes Friday, but an errant approach shot on the 342-yard, par-4 second hole led to a double bogey. "I was ticked off because it was such an easy mistake, a simple wedge shot," said Langley, trying to become the fifth straight first-time PGA Tour winner in the event. Langley birdied the next hole. Ive given myself a lot of short birdie opportunities the first two days. Those are nice," Langley said. "When you start adding up thhree, four and five almost tap-in birdies, that just really kind of boosts you up.dddddddddddd" First-round leader Brendan Steele had a 69 and to top the group at 9 under. He made three bogeys on his first nine holes, but rallied with four straight birdies on Nos. 3-6. Patrick Rodgers, the former Stanford star making his pro debut, was 5 under after a 69. Cameron Wilson, Rodgers college teammate who also was making his pro debut, missed the cut with rounds of 73 and 75. Defending champion Ken Duke was 3 under after a 72. Masters champion Bubba Watson, the 2010 Travelers winner for his first PGA Tour title, followed his opening 67 with a 72 to make the cut by a stroke. Putnam has finished in the top 25 once in 22 events this season. He matched his season best with a 67 in the first round and bettered it significantly Friday with the 63. "It was a perfect day for scoring. It left myself in some good spots and made a couple putts," Putnam said. "I actually three-putted 13 for par so it could have been even better." Defending champion Ken Duke was 3 under after a 72. "I hit a lot of bad shots and I have no excuse for it, but yeah, its good to finish strong and be here for the weekend," Duke said. "Thats what you always want to do." Erik Compton, the two-time heart transplant recipient who tied for second Sunday in the U.S. Open, missed the cut. He had a 69 in the second round to finish at 3 over. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. Trebuie să fii logat sau înregistrat pentru a vedea acest link. ' ' '

Înapoi la “Prezentare”